Saturday, November 16, 2013

She's Home!

Last evening, at 7:05 p.m., Lady Norma went Home to be with her Lord.  Her struggle with cancer is over.  She stepped into her Heavenly mansion, and is, no doubt, throwing a party!  And, while we grieve from down here, we also rejoice:  as believers in Jesus, we’ll meet again there someday.

I met Lady Norma less than a month ago, for the first time, on my birthday. In a way, she became my inspiration, my mentor for just a few hours.  We shared a mutual foe ~ cancer ~ and a mutual hope ~ Heaven.  In her testimony of unshakable faith, Lady Norma unknowingly gave me the title for my blog.

Her daughter shared this with her a few days later, and Lady Norma gave her stamp of approval to my “new assignment.”  I’m guessing she’ll be following ~ and cheering ~ from Heaven.  I will always feel indebted.

Sometimes our earthly lives intersect with others only momentarily.  We pray that those touches leave an eternal impression, as Lady Norma did on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment